It is located at the northern entrance to the town. It was built in 1743 but it was destroyed in 1798. It was rebuilt in 1801 and it was completed in 1864 with the bell tower. It is devoted to the Virgin Mary, to Agios Chrysanthos and Agia Daria.
In the monastery there is an interesting collection of post-byzantine icons made by important painters, like G. Klontzas, father Nik. Koutouzis and Sp. Ventouras. It has got an artistic wood-carved templon covered with sheets of gold and silver.
In the monastery there are the tombs of Ioannis Kapodistrias , the first governor of Greece, as well as of several Metropolites of Corfu.